Monday 21 April 2014

Easter work in progress

I promised in last week's blog that I would let you know what became of some of the wonderful fabric purchased in Helsinki. I can't show a completed article as I only managed to get a few hours in today as all the kids turned up yesterday and we spent a great day in the garden, egg hunt and all, but progress has definitely been made.
 
I thought the big bold black, white and turquoise canvas would be perfect for a beach sized bag. So this is it so far. I have gone ovesized too as I though it would suit the oversized print too.
The Kona cotton lining is in carrot, which I really love as I have a thing  about orange for holidays these day. It will go with a fab pair of orange patent gladiator sandals that I virtually live in when the sun comes out too.
Need to go and get a magnetic  closure and a giant orange bottom for the tab and add a load of top stitching to it I think ....roll on next weekend. 

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. It is really appreciated. I will always try to respond to most comments, especially where a question is asked, so please check your settings are not set to no-reply!