Wednesday 10 April 2013

Turning down the volume

First of all, apologies for these rather ropey photos. Whilst it is April, the sun seems to have left the country and my every effort to get a decent picture of this quilt has failed due to sleet, fog and/or a near on blizzard. Anyhow, as you can see I have finally finished my low volume quilt, which I have named "Spot on". It is more than a nod to cushion I saw in Issue 12 of  Fat Quarterly and which I fell in love with. It was called "Bulls Eye " and designed by Brioni Greenberg who  blogs at FlossyBlossy, so thank you Brioni for your amazing inspiration, and of course all the gang at Fat Quarterly for bringing it to us.
 
As I explained back in my post in February, the low volume background was some fabric which I have had a while and which, to be honest, I had gone off and couldn't understand why I had bought. But I have to say, now I have funked it up a bit with these chocolate brown Kona targets, I am quite pleased. It has a bit of a 60's feel about it ( all Mods and Rockers and the Who and all that).
I will try and get some better pictures of this and probably post them on flickr if your interested, as these really are too dark and not doing it much justice. Thing is, given the present clime, that might take till about August.
 
I am off to watch Victoria Wood and her show about the elixir of life- the good ol' cup of tea.
Enjoy.
 

6 comments:

  1. I really love the quilt. I especially like the contrast between the back ground and the targets. I hope you enjoyed Victoria Wood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks me dear. and VW was excellent. I do love a cuppa.

      Delete
  2. love the contrast. nice looking quilt. hmmmmm do I have any low volume fabs???? let me see.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i bet if you look carefullu you will have loads

      Delete
  3. Ahhhh, I am loving LV at the mo'.
    Fantastic work darl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we all seem to be at the LV's at the mo don't we. Bit different but i do need a bit of colour now

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. It is really appreciated. I will always try to respond to most comments, especially where a question is asked, so please check your settings are not set to no-reply!